The topic Pityriasis Circinata et Maculata you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Pityriasis Rosea.
- Pityriasis Rosea is a benign, skin disorder characterized by the presence of skin rashes
- It is a condition in which the skin rashes appear in the beginning with a herald patch - a single, oval-shaped patch on the chest, followed by smaller rashes after 2 weeks
- Pityriasis Rosea generally affects individuals between 10-35 years of age and occurs most often during fall and spring season
- The exact cause of the condition is not known, but it is linked to a viral infection
- Mild cases requires no treatment, although the application of corticosteroids and antihistamines on the rashes can help control itching and redness
- The disorder has a very good prognosis; the skin lesions generally resolve with no long-term complications
Please find comprehensive information on Pityriasis Rosea regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.