I. NO MEDICAL ADVICE
DoveMed does not provide any medical advice. Information provided by DoveMed through any of its services is being provided for informational purposes only. The human body and the conditions that affect it are complicated, and no medical issue can be given a comprehensive analysis except on a case-by-case basis by a trained medical professional. Contact your physician for medical advice. Do not disregard the advice of your physician or other medical provider based on information provided by the Services. All accounts, stories and examples used in the Services are being provided for illustrative use only and shall not be used for any other purpose.
II. NO USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
IV. LICENSE TERMINATION
Use of this site is at the sole discretion of DoveMed. DoveMed retains sole discretion to disable any account, without warning, for any reason.
V. RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You may not access this site or any DoveMed Services if you are engaged in the same field of business as DoveMed.
You may not access this site or any DoveMed Services if we have previously banned you from use of any of our services. You agree that you will provide accurate information. You may not impersonate someone else, create or use an account for use by anyone other than yourself, provide email addresses other than your own or create multiple accounts.
You may not modify the Services or create any derivative work. Derivative works include but are not limited to translations. You may not alter any files or libraries in any portion of the Services. You may not reproduce any portion of the Services or create any tables or reports relating to the Services. Your use of the Services shall not remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark of DoveMed or its affiliates, partners, suppliers, or the licensors of the Company or Services). You shall not use the Services for any purpose for which it is not designed or intended. You shall not use the Services for creating a product, service, or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for any services, product, or software offered by DoveMed. You may not use the Services for any revenue-generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it was not designed or intended.
- Posts that are lewd, obscene, sexually-oriented or harassing in nature.
- Hateful, threatening, or defamatory speech.
- Comments that are inaccurate, irrelevant, or wholly unrelated to the forum. For example, political, ethical, or religious opinions.
- The intellectual property of others.
- Content intended to promote a personal business.
- Individual’s private information. Including full names, phone numbers, up-close photos or videos of patrons without their permission.
- Posts intended to demand payment from a doctor or hospital.
Users wishing to review a doctor or hospital must do so within 30 days of their visit to the provider or facility. Users may only post one review of a specific doctor or hospital each 30 day timeframe. However, users are unlimited in the number of reviews they may post for different doctors or facilities.
FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS by using DoveMed Services, you understand and expressly agree that your use of DoveMed Services is at your own risk. DoveMed provides a rating system through which consumers are entitled to make ratings and reviews. The opinions expressed are not those of DoveMed and DoveMed does not control those ratings or the contents thereof. You may choose not to claim your profile. Since your basic profile information is public knowledge and licensed to practice, your profile will not be deleted from DoveMed. You expressly waive any and all right to pursue DoveMed or its associated entities as a result of content posted on DoveMed services.
If you are a Medical professional and you feel that information posted regarding you or your practice contains false or defamatory information, you may notify DoveMed of your concerns by providing the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number, and email address, so that we can reach you;
- Identification of the information you believe to be false or defamatory;
- A physical or electronic signature;
Send your concerns to:
Again, the content posted by users are the opinions of the users, not of DoveMed or any of its affiliated entities.
FOR CONSUMERS by using DoveMed Services, you understand and expressly agree that your use of DoveMed Services is at your own risk. Your use of the site is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, contains graphic images or descriptions or is otherwise inappropriate.
VI. MODIFICATION TO SERVICES
DoveMed reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any of its Services with or without notice and without liability to you. Further, from time-to-time access to DoveMed Services could be interrupted. You acknowledge that DoveMed is making services available at will and is not liable to you for any interruption of services.
The DoveScore calculated for a specific address may change at any time and without notice due to changes, additions, deletions, or corrections to the data sources we use, changes or improvements to our scoring algorithm, or other reasons.
VIII. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Services including but not limited to content, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, computer code, images, and data, are the property of DoveMed and are subject to the intellectual property rights of DoveMed. DoveMed also owns the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with the Services. All rights reserved. DoveMed utilizes both public and proprietary information which is then processed through the DoveMed algorithms.
IX. NO WARRANTY
To the maximum extent permitted by Applicable Law, DoveMed makes no representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied. DoveMed provides services “As Is,” “With all Faults” and “As available,” and the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy, and effort is with you.
The Services use publicly available data, process that data through a DoveMed algorithm, and publish that data in its processed form via DoveMed Services. DoveMed assumes no responsibility for the publicly available data which it processes or the accuracy of that underlying publically available data.
DoveMed also allows for the contribution of content from third-parties. DoveMed assumes no responsibility for the content provided by third parties.
DoveMed does not own and does not take any responsibly for or assume any liability for the publicly available data it processes or the third-party content on its Services.
Your use of or reliance upon the Services and any third-party provided content and services accessed thereby is at your sole risk and discretion. DoveMed hereby disclaims any and all representations, warranties, and guarantees regarding the Services and third party content, whether express, implied, or statutory, and including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Furthermore, DoveMed makes no warranty that (i) the Services or third party content and services will meet your requirements; (ii) the Services or third party content and services will be uninterrupted, accurate, reliable, timely, secure, or error-free; (iii) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material accessed or obtained by you through the Services will be as represented or meet your expectations; or (iv) any errors in the Services or third party content and services will be corrected.
X. LIABILITY LIMITATION; EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
XI. CHOICE OF LAW; DISPUTES
XII. LINKED MATERIALS
The Services include links to third-party products, services and web sites. DoveMed does not endorse any such products, services, and web sites. DoveMed takes no responsibility for such products, services, and websites.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent any express or implied restrictions are not permitted by applicable laws, these express or implied restrictions shall remain in force and effect to the maximum extent permitted by such applicable laws.
XV. CONTENT YOU PROVIDE
You own all content you submit to the Services, including but not limited to profile information, images, and comments ("Your Content"). By submitting Your Content you hereby irrevocably grant us worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. By "use" we mean display, copy, distribute, modify, incorporate into other works, create derivative works, and allow third party sites and services who obtain Your Content from us to do the same. You irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content brought against us and any third party sites and services.
Further, by submitting Your Content to us, you represent that you are the sole author of Your Content, and use of Your Content does not violate or infringe any rights of any third party. With regard to Your Content that contains photographs or images, you agree that you have either taken the photograph, own the rights to the image, or have explicit permission from the rights-holder to submit your image. DoveMed is not liable for any statements or representations related to Your Content. DoveMed assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for appropriate user content and has no obligation to remove content. However, DoveMed reserves the right to monitor, edit, or remove any content at any time for any reason.
If you are a physician and you have claimed your profile, DoveMed recommends you update your information at least every six months to ensure our users receive the most accurate and up to date information. Additionally, DoveMed recommends that physicians do not
- Post reviews of your own business, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors, or doctors and hospitals in your networking group.
- Ask patients, staff, friends, or family to review your business.
- Run surveys that ask for reviews from patients reporting positive experiences.
- Offer discounts or payment in exchange for reviews.
We have formulated these Community Guidelines to ensure the integrity of the numerous DoveMed platforms by providing an environment where registered users, verified healthcare providers, and other members of the community feel comfortable posting and answering questions, sharing personal experiences, expressing views, seeking feedback, and commenting on various posts and replies.
The Community Guidelines are “rules of conduct” to protect all our members and the intent of our mission. By agreeing to these guidelines, you vow to refrain from posting any inappropriate content.
The rules and guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Questions, answers, posts, images that are lewd, obscene, sexually oriented or harassing in nature
- Using the platform for cybersex
- Hateful, threatening, or defamatory tone/language
- Sarcastic, discouraging, or belittling questions, answers, posts, and comments that reference any specific individual or organization
- Impersonating another member or falsely representing an organization or body
- Group of members ganging up against any participant(s) or trolling
- Spamming or posting the same articles, posts, questions, answers, or website links repetitively with the intention of promoting content
- Comments or posts that are inaccurate, irrelevant, or wholly unrelated to the platforms
- Using any form of text or language that relates to political, ethical, or religious opinions
- Violating intellectual property rights of others
- Posting content (questions, answers, comments, articles, etc.) intended to promote a personal business
- Astroturfing or deceptively campaigning or marketing for promoting personal business/websites, fundraising, etc.
- Providing any individual’s private information including full names, personal stories, phone numbers, contact details, up-close photos, or videos with/without their permission
- Seeking, begging, or petitioning for favors in any form
- Misrepresentation of the experiences of a child below 18 years of age, on whose behalf you are authorized to become a member of the platform; not obtaining their explicit consent or authorization to do so
- Misrepresentation of the experiences of the patient, on whose behalf you are authorized to become a member of the platform; not obtaining their explicit consent or authorization to do so
- Posting anything with the intention of maligning, either directly or indirectly any DoveMed platform(s)
- Any activity that violates local, state, federal, or international laws
We request you to always follow online etiquette, some of which are outlined below:
- Use plain and simple English language; do not add posts, comments, questions and answers in local language using English text
- Please use simple and precise words to convey the intent of your questions/answers
- Always be respectful to others
- Please be aware of how your posts/comments/questions or answers are being read and perceived; this is a community forum, and hence, always do keep your audience in mind
- Do ensure to read and reread what you post, before you submit
- Avoid being unfair, partial, or judgmental
- Avoid any confrontation; be forgiving, where needed, as some members may not have read these guidelines
- Do not attempt to directly or indirectly contact any participating member/physician, either through your posts, emails, telephone calls, or in person
- Do not use strong language, all capital letters, or all bold letters
- Please watch out for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes and avoid them to the extent possible
- Do not use sarcasm or over the top humor
- Avoid using highly complicated medical language or longwinded sentences with difficult to comprehend words
- Cite suitable reference sources where appropriate to help members access them directly and discern their validity
Although the aforementioned guidelines exist for online behavior, we must be careful and prepared for violations and pursue prompt action where necessary. This is to help ensure the protection of our participating members (all registered users and DoveMed verified physicians) and preserve the integrity of the platform.
The following actions by registered users may be construed as grounds for warning and/or removal from the platform, but not limited to:
- Posting DoveMed platform information shared by its members, of any nature/type, outside of the platform
- Posting any obscene material, sexual harassment, promoting misogynism
- Posting any racist questions/comments or articles/answers
- Intimidation, posting any hateful material
- Spamming members of the community
- Any other action as determined by DoveMed (may be added to this list from time to time)
DoveMed does not tolerate abuse of these Community Guidelines! Every reported abuse is investigated for violation of Community Guidelines. If we determine such a violation has occurred, we shall take appropriate action, which may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- A user or offender is allowed to get 1 warning every 6 months, after which the system will reset offenses
- The warning will be in the form of an email explaining the reason for the warning and why it is being sent and what guideline(s) was broken, if any
- In case the same user/offender receives 3 warnings in 6 months, they will be immediately ousted/terminated from the platform
- In such a case, a second warning email will be sent explaining the reason for the action and why the account is being terminated
- In some rare cases, we may be forced to take suitable legal action against the user
We thank you for helping and supporting us in providing you with a safe and secure community platform to help you share your experiences and stories comfortably with each other.
XVI. COMPLAINT REGARDING COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Copyright Holders: If you are a copyright holder and believe your work has been used on the DoveMed websites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number, and email address, so that we can reach you;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) you believe to be infringed;
- Identification of the material on the websites you believe is infringing, including a location description (e.g., a URL);
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf, and that the information you provided is accurate;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A physical or electronic signature;
Send your infringement notices to:
Alleged Copyright Violators: If Your Content is removed or access to it is disabled and you believe in good faith that a claim has been wrongly made against you, you may submit a counter-notification to WS. Your counter-notification must be in writing and sent to our Copyright Agent, whose address is above. Your counter-notification must contain the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you are located, or if you are outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which a DoveMed services may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who notified DoveMed of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.
XVII: EMPLOYMENT JOBS BOARD
DoveMed will make available listings for positions in the medical field. DoveMed has no control over the listings posted by potential employers or the information sent by potential employees. DoveMed exercises no control over the employer’s hiring procedures or processes. Using DoveMed to access employment opportunities should be undertaken with the understanding that DoveMed has no control over the postings or positions and cannot be held responsible for the contents or resulting decisions.
XVIII: MEDICAL CONFERENCE BOARD LISTING
DoveMed will make available listings for conferences in the medical field. DoveMed has no control over the listings posted by potential conference posters or the information sent by conference organizers. DoveMed also has no control over potential conference attendees. DoveMed exercises no control over the conference registrations and charges to attend the conferences. Using DoveMed to access conference listings should be undertaken with the understanding that DoveMed has no control over the postings and cannot be held responsible for the contents or resulting decisions.
DoveMed will make available DoveScores for a variety of geographical locations. DoveScores is created by a computational algorithm taking into account a variety of health attributes within a given community. Use DoveScores at your own risk. Under no circumstance should DoveMed be liable for damages. DoveMed does not guarantee that a higher DoveScore would result in better healthcare and vise versa.
DoveMed uses three types of cookies on this website.
- Unam: unam totals the number of unique visitors who share content and the number of page views that are produced from the resulting share.
- CSRF: CSRF offers defense against cross-site reference imitations.
- Grappelli_show_documentstructure: It is used for showing tinymce-plugin grappelli ad avoiding errors with displaying an advanced toolbar if it is not defined in the admin interface.
XXI: GOOGLE COOKIES
When using DoveMed, you may also be directed to these third party cookies, which could be employed for the following purposes:
- uvts: used by fonts.com – this is a third party provider for one of the fonts used DoveMed for displaying text.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
XXIII: UNENFORCEABLE PROVISIONS
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
XXIV: ANTI-SPAM POLICY
DoveMed does not tolerate spam. Spam denotes messages that are unsolicited, indiscriminate, or sent in bulk, usually for a commercial intent DoveMed uses a filter system that scans incoming messages and strains out messages that resemble spam. The sender can reduce their risk of getting their message classified as spam by ensuring the message has been sent in plain text, without attachments, and without malware.
In the rare event that DoveMed sends you a message that may be considered to be spam, please contact DoveMed using the information below and the matter will be explored.
DoveMed retains the right to alter its anti-spam policy or publish a new version at any time. Any questions regarding DoveMed’s spam policy should be directed to email@example.com.
I created a quick rewrite, which I can rewrite.
XXV: DOVEMED'S COMMUNICATION TO USERS
DoveMed will communicate with you through email or notices posted on the website. Our communications with you help inform users about various features of the service as well as medical news. DoveMed may send you promotional information unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can change your email and contact preferences at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by updating your user profile information.
XXVI: LINKING POLICY
DoveMed encourages links to www.dovemed.com , but only those of which are used in agreement of this policy. The user agrees to be bound by the terms of this policy by using the DoveMed website. Links to this website are permitted such that they are not misleading, they do not use inline linking technique, and that an appropriate text is used when creating the link. You are not permitted to use the DoveMed logo as means for a link to this website without express written consent from DoveMed.
The DoveMed website may include links to third-party websites. DoveMed does not endorse or recommend these links. DoveMed retains no control over third-party websites and their associated content. DoveMed is not responsible for third-party websites or any amount of loss or damage that may occur with their associated use.
In the case that you would like a link to your website removed from DoveMed, please email email@example.com. However, please note that removal of a link will be at DoveMed’s discretion unless you have a legal right to mandate the removal of said link. Should DoveMed demand the removal of a link to our website that is within your control, the link shall be removed promptly, as use of this website indicates your accordance with this policy. Any questions regarding DoveMed’s linking policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
XXVII: ADVERTISING POLICY
DoveMed prioritizes providing healthcare consumers with trusted, in-depth information to make informed decisions regarding their health, the health of their loved ones, and for healthcare providers, the health of their patients. To make it possible to provide such content, funding raised through advertisements provides us with the ability to further improve the user experience by offering a wider range of content.
DoveMed is dedicated to maintaining the following advertising guidelines to provide the best possible user experience:
DoveMed selects the advertisements with careful discretion.
DoveMed exercises complete authority over choosing which types of advertisements to display and their location within the web pages. DoveMed reserves the rights to refuse, terminate, or remove any ad, for any reason, at any time. In the case that an ad is rejected, terminated, or removed from DoveMed, we will provide an explanation for the action.
The following types of ads are neither acceptable, nor used on the DoveMed website: Ads that are fraudulent, misleading, illegal, or offensive, which could include content that derides or misrepresents an individual based upon age, race, national origin, color, sex, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. Ads relating to firearms, alcohol, fireworks, ammunition, gambling, tobacco, and pornography are strictly prohibited. DoveMed does not intend to directly advertise to children under the age of 13,
DoveMed does not endorse a product or service.
Despite that products or services may appear on our website from time to time, it is important to note that DoveMed’s acceptance of an ad does not denote an endorsement of the product or service contained in the advertisement for the company that makes or supports the product or service.
DoveMed clearly separate editorial content from advertisements.
DoveMed ensures that advertisements are clearly identified as such to not be confused with editorial content exclusive to DoveMed.
If you wish to submit your ad for review for use on the DoveMed website, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We ask that you carefully follow the aforementioned guidelines and clearly establish the advertiser in the said advertisement. Any submitted advertisements that may be misleading or appear similar to editorial content shall be clearly labeled with the word “advertisement.”
Please note that the responsibility to comply with domestic and foreign laws and regulations governing advertisements lies with the advertiser. Compliance with regulations (i.e. Direct to Consumer advertising and Direct to Physician advertising established by the FDA) will not be actively monitored by DoveMed. However, DoveMed may review advertisements for compliance with domestic and foreign laws at any time and has the right to remove an advertisement that appears to not comply with such laws or guidelines.
DoveMed reserves the right to modify this advertisement policy by posting an amended policy at any time, without notice.
DoveMed has several tools that allow you to record and store information. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your DoveMed passwords or accounts. It is your sole responsibility to (a) control the distribution and use of login name, screen name, and passwords; (b) authorize, monitor and control access to and use of your DoveMed account and password; (c) promptly inform DoveMed if you believe your account or password has been compromised or if there is another reason you need to deactivate a password.
To contact us, use the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom of every page of our website. By using the website, you grant DoveMed and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information. DoveMed cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using DoveMed tools and services.
XXIX: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The medical and non-medical content of DoveMed, such as text, graphics, images, videos, and other types of material, available on the DoveMed Site (henceforth referred to as "Content"), are for informational purposes only. DoveMed does not provide medical diagnoses or recommend treatment modalities. Instead, DoveMed provides its users with information to help them better understand their health, diagnosed conditions, and approaches, related to treatment, prevention, screening, and supportive care. Visiting, or interacting with the Content, does not create a doctor-patient relationship. The Content is not meant to replace professional medical advice, formal diagnoses, or treatment. DoveMed strongly advices you to consult your professional healthcare provider for any queries you have regarding your health condition. Do not wait to seek professional help, based on your understanding of the Content presented. Call 911, in case of any medical emergencies; or if you are outside the United States of America, call your local medical emergency number.
You agree, as part of the terms of usage (of this website) that the Content presented, is meant purely for informational purpose only. DoveMed does not recommend, approve, or endorse, any products or services mentioned in the Content, or in the advertisements (including third party advertisements), which are featured on its website. The information presented on the DoveMed web pages, shall be taken on an "as is" basis. Medical information, diagnostic methods, and treatment modalities, frequently change with time. The Content presented, may not always be current or up to date. Use the Content at your own risk.
If you wish to delete your account information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information:
- your user email ID
- your name ( first and last name)
- your contact information
We will take up to 30 days to delete your account and. If you are an admin for any of the profiles ( as reported to Government and/or licensing authorities in United States) then your information will be reverted back to publicly reported information. If you are an admin in any of the products of DoveMed such as MyCircles, DoveCommunity , DoveHub etc then you will have to resolve the admin rights issues before your account can be deleted.
DoveMed® and its logo are registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
It is not the intention of DoveMed® to provide specific medical advice. DoveMed urges their users to consult a qualified healthcare professional for diagnosis and answers to their personal medical questions. Always call 911, if you have a medical emergency!