The topic Gardnerella Vaginalis Infection you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Bacterial Vaginosis (BV).
- Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is a frequently-occurring and usually mild bacterial infection, particularly in women, who are in their active reproductive or childbearing phase
- Although Bacterial Vaginosis is harmless and self-limiting in most cases, it has the potential to increase an individual’s susceptibility to other sex-related disorders and cause medical complications
- Foul-smelling, watery, milk white vaginal discharge, with itching and burning sensation around the vaginal region, are a few of the symptoms. These are caused, when there is a bacterial imbalance within the vagina
- Many factors are said to contribute to this condition, such as having multiple sex partners, having unprotected sex, douching, etc.
- Antibiotic treatment is the therapy of choice, which can result in a complete cure
Please find comprehensive information on Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.