Amaranth oil is a vegetable oil that is extracted from the grain amaranth. Recent research has shown that amaranth oil supports a variety of different health benefits. Most of the health benefits come from the nutrient squalene, which is considered to have antioxidant properties and is believed to have anti-cancer and detoxifying properties. Additionally, Amaranth oil also provides Tocotrienol, an effective Vitamin E, from Linoleic Acid, and Oleic Acid. Amaranth oil can be ingested orally (only if it’s cold-pressed), it can be used topically, and it can be used as an ingredient for health and beauty products.
The following are scientifically known facts of Amaranth oil:
- Helps to lower blood pressure 
- Can be used for treatment of cardiovascular diseases 
- Has up to 8% Squalene- Squalene is believed to decrease the risk of developing cancer cells and inhibit the growth of new cancer cells .
- Is the highest plant-based source of squalene- Squalene strengthens the immune system  and prevents catching a cold or virus, being sick a lot, allergies, and fatigue .
- Has on average 46-50% Linoleic Acid, a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid- Linoleic Acid has shown to be helpful for: Diabetic neuropathy, Rheumatoid arthritis, Allergies, Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Breast cancer, Eczema, High blood pressure (Hypertension), Menopausal symptoms, Mastalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Osteoporosis, and Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) .
- Has on average 22-26% Oleic Acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid- Oleic Acid is considered one of the healthiest sources of fat . It has shown to have a positive effect on the treatment of cancer, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, and facilitates wound healing .
- Has the Vitamin E, Tocotrienol- Tocotrienol is known to cure non-alcoholic fatty liver disease , can improve end-stage liver disease (ESLD) , improve the function of arteries , and lower cholesterol .
- Protects the skin from lipid peroxidation  and is an effective moisturizer  with the help of squalene
Written by Waldemar Juschin, MBA