IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Read This First
All incidents of shocks should be evaluated by a trained medical professional, as soon as possible! DO NOT wait! Failure to obtain evaluation as soon as possible may result in serious injury or death. Call 911 (or your local emergency number) immediately, if you undergo a Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse.
What is Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse?
- Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse is the result of reduced blood flow to various parts of the body and is therefore, a serious condition as it might affect vital organs
- Shock is usually a consequence of severe injury, burns, heart attack, poisoning, and other serious conditions
What are the Causes of Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse?
Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse may be caused by the following factors:
- Heart attack
- Allergic reaction
- Severe injury
- Blood loss
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse?
The signs and symptoms of Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse may include:
- Cold skin, sweating
- Discolored skin
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Elevated pulse rate; weak pulse
- Trouble breathing
- Blank stare
- Loss of consciousness
How is First Aid administered for Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse?
First Aid tips for Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse:
- Call 911 or your local emergency help number immediately, for emergency assistance
- Do not leave the individual alone
- Monitor the symptoms
- Lay the individual flat on their back with feet elevated, unless that aggravates the injury
- Administer CPR, if the individual has trouble breathing
- Loosen clothes
- Cover the individual with a blanket
- Do NOT administer any fluids or food
- If the individual appears to be losing consciousness, turn them over to the side to avoid choking on vomit
Who should administer First Aid for Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse?
- Any bystander near the affected individual should call 911 (or the local emergency help number) and immediately administer first aid
- First aid is generally administered by healthcare workers at the emergency room
What is the Prognosis of Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse?
The prognosis of Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse is dependent on the underlying cause, the severity of shock, the overall health of the individual, and how quickly treatment is administered.
How can Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse be Prevented?
Shock due to Cardiovascular Collapse may be prevented by:
- Maintaining safety at home and work places
- Educating children on basic safety issues
- Maintaining healthy habits such as regular exercise, not smoking
- Staying well-hydrated
What are certain Crucial Steps to be followed?
- Call 911 (or your local emergency number) for emergency assistance, immediately
- Administer CPR if individual has trouble breathing (if you are trained to do so)