The topic Solitary Neurofibroma of Skin you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Neurofibroma of Skin.
- A Neurofibroma of Skin is a common, benign tumor that appears as a small bump on the skin. It is a nerve tumor (neurofibroma) that arises from the nerves underneath the skin surface, or subcutaneously
- The risk factors and cause of development of Neurofibroma of Skin is unknown. In some cases, multiple tumors may indicate the presence of neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF-1), while solitary tumors are not associated with this genetic disorder
- Neurofibromas of Skin usually occur in young men and women. They do not present any significant signs and symptoms in most cases
- A treatment of Neurofibroma of Skin may be undertaken, if they are of cosmetic concern to the individual. In such cases, a simple surgical excision is sufficient treatment
- The prognosis is excellent on removal of the Neurofibroma of Skin, since it is a benign tumor. The prognosis may also depend upon the presence of any associated NF-1 (if present)
Please find comprehensive information on Neurofibroma of Skin regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.