The topic Pigmented Purpuric Lichenoid Dermatitis you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Gougerot-Blum Disease.
- Gougerot-Blum Disease is a skin condition that manifests as multiple, small papules that form plaques. These are usually observed in the legs, which then slowly spreads to the rest of the body
- It is also known as Pigmented Purpuric Lichenoid Dermatitis of Gougerot and Blum and has no known cause. This chronic skin disorder is categorized in the group of pigmented purpuric dermatoses
- The skin discoloration occurs in patches, usually on the lower legs. The condition is not painful or frequently itchy. A skin biopsy may help confirm the diagnosis of Gougerot-Blum Disease
- It is difficult to treat Gougerot-Blum Disease, which is a progressive skin condition. They may also recur after suitable treatment and over time the condition becomes chronic. The mainline of treatment is the use of steroidal creams and lotions
- The prognosis of Gougerot-Blum Disease is generally good, though it may be present for several years. It may cause cosmetic issues and the affected individuals may face a lot of emotional stress
Please find comprehensive information on Gougerot-Blum Disease regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.