The topic Milium Cyst you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Milia.
- Milium is a benign condition that presents as a small cyst under the skin surface, commonly on the face
- These cysts can occur in individuals of any age group and gender. They are usually multiple in numbers, and hence, called Milia (plural of Milium)
- There are no significant signs and symptoms associated with Milia, although they may not be cosmetically appealing, particularly if they occur on the face
- There are no identified risk factors or causative factors for Milia, in a majority of the cases. Hence, the occurrence of these cysts cannot be frequently prevented
- Milia may not require any treatment in most cases. Also, in a majority of individuals, it may disappear spontaneously on its own. However, if treatment is necessary, the options may include topical creams, cryotherapy, laser therapy, and dermabrasion
- The prognosis is generally excellent for Milia, since these are benign cysts
Please find comprehensive information on Milia regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.