The topic Metabolic Encephalopathy causing Delirium you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Delirium.
- Delirium is medical condition that develops due to a variety of factors (underlying conditions) that leave the brain vulnerable to disruption in sending and receiving signals. The condition is most commonly seen in older individuals
- There are 3 types of Delirium:
- Hyperactive Delirium, which is characterized by restlessness, agitation, rapid mood changes, and hallucinations
- Hypoactive Delirium, which is characterized by inactivity, sluggish, increased drowsiness, and appearing to be in a daze
- Mixed Delirium, which is characterized by a mix of both hyperactive and hypoactive Delirium
- A majority of signs and symptoms of Delirium involve decreased cognitive abilities. The condition may be diagnosed through mental assessments, physical exams, and chemical tests
- Delirium can be treated with both supportive care and medication. The condition is generally short-term and subsides with appropriate treatment. However, in some cases, it may last longer
- The prognosis is generally good, but may be dependent upon various factors. In some cases, Delirium can result in an overall decline in health, which may even result in death
Please find comprehensive information on Delirium regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.