The topic Idiopathic Aplastic Anemia you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Acquired Aplastic Anemia.
- Aplastic anemia is a disorder that occurs due to bone marrow failure. Bone marrow is the soft, yellow (fatty) tissue located in the center of the bone
- The blood cells are formed by stem cells located in the bone marrow. The 3 major types of blood cells are RBCs (red blood cells), WBCs (white blood cells), and platelets
- In aplastic anemia, these stem cells are destroyed; due to which, the production of all the 3 blood cell types are affected, leading to a decreased count of blood cells (pancytopenia)
Aplastic anemia is broadly classified into Inherited Aplastic Anemia and Acquired Aplastic Anemia. Acquired Aplastic Anemia is a rare disorder:
- In 75% of the cases, the cause is not identified, in which case it is known as Idiopathic Aplastic Anemia
- In about 25% of the cases of Acquired Aplastic Anemia, the cause may be identified
Please find comprehensive information on Acquired Aplastic Anemia regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.