The topic FSIAD (Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder) you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Female Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.
- Female Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) is defined as a lack of desire for sex that leads to distress and interpersonal difficulties. HSDD is the most prevalent sexual disorder in women of all ages
- Surgically, post-menopausal women at 20-49 years of age are at a greater risk of being diagnosed with HSDD, compared to those who are naturally post-menopausal, pre-menopausal, and surgically post-menopausal of advanced age
Note: The term ‘surgical menopause’ refers to the condition (before normal menopause) when both the ovaries and/or the uterus are removed from a woman, due to various health reasons.
- HSDD could be caused by a multitude of factors including fatigue, lack of connection with the partner, hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, or menopause, illness, psychological issues, etc.
- The signs and symptoms of Female Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder include a lack of sexual desires and sexual fantasies, and distress for such shortcomings
- A diagnosis of Diminished Sex Drive in Women due to HSDD may involve physical, hormonal and psychological evaluations
- The treatment is usually geared toward individual needs, because HSDD could potentially have many causative factors
- A majority of women benefit from treatment of the underlying causes for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Please find comprehensive information on Female Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.