The topic Erosive Gastritis you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Acute Gastritis.
- Gastritis is a very common stomach disorder, caused by inflammation and irritation, which can lead to erosion of the stomach lining.
- Acute Gastritis is a form of gastritis, which is caused by various factors, such as:
- Intake of aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Bacterial and viral infections
- And even cancers
- The inflammation occurs rapidly and hence the term ‘acute’ is used. Acute Gastritis, which can affect any individual, is characterized by abdominal pain, bleeding, or other gastrointestinal symptoms, like nausea, vomiting, and indigestion
- The treatment measures are generally symptomatic and involve the use of medications, with avoidance of certain types of food. The prognosis varies with the severity of the condition, but is generally good
There are several different types of gastritis and these include:
- Acute Gastritis
- Chronic Gastritis
- Chemical Gastritis
- Infectious Gastritis
Please find comprehensive information on Acute Gastritis regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.