The topic Chemical Cystitis you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Non-Infectious Cystitis.
- Urinary bladder inflammation may be caused by a variety of factors that may be infectious or non-infectious. When inflammation of the bladder is not caused by an infection, the condition is termed as Non-Infectious Cystitis
- The exact cause of Non-Infectious Cystitis is unknown, but the condition is more commonly observed in women than men
- Some of the possible risk factors include the use of sprays, bubble baths, some contraception methods, certain chemotherapy medications, and radiation therapy to the pelvic region
- The signs and symptoms of Non-Infectious Cystitis are frequent and urgent urination, lower abdominal and back pain, and pain during sexual intercourse
- Non-Infectious Cystitis is generally treated with medications; very rarely, surgery may be performed. The prognosis of the condition is very good with appropriate treatment therapy
Please find comprehensive information on Non-Infectious Cystitis regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.
What are some Useful Resources for Additional InformationonChemical Cystitis?
References and Information Sources used forChemical Cystitis:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000514.htm (accessed on 05/26/2017)
http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/000514.htm (accessed on 05/26/2017)
http://www.healthsearches.org/Categories_of_Q&A/Health_for_Women/1418.php (accessed on 05/26/2017)
Helpful Peer-Reviewed Medical Articles forChemical Cystitis:
Sommariva, M. L., Sandri, S. D., & Ceriani, V. (2010). Efficacy of sodium hyaluronate in the management of chemical and radiation cystitis. Minerva Urologica e Nefrologica, 62(2), 145.
Jin, L. H., Park, C. S., Shin, H. Y., Yoon, S. M., & Lee, T. (2011). Dissimilar effects of tolterodine on detrusor overactivity in awake rats with chemical cystitis and partial bladder outlet obstruction. International neurourology journal, 15(3), 120.
Brausi, M., Oddens, J., Sylvester, R., Bono, A., van de Beek, C., van Andel, G., ... & Oosterlinck, W. (2014). Side effects of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) in the treatment of intermediate-and high-risk Ta, T1 papillary carcinoma of the bladder: results of the EORTC genito-urinary cancers group randomised phase 3 study comparing one-third dose with full dose and 1 year with 3 years of maintenance BCG. European urology, 65(1), 69-76.
Bayrak, O., Seckiner, I., Solakhan, M., Karakok, M., Erturhan, S. M., & Yagci, F. (2012). Effects of intravesical dexpanthenol use on lipid peroxidation and bladder histology in a chemical cystitis animal model. Urology, 79(5), 1023-1026.Jin, L. H., Shin, H. Y., Kwon, Y. H., Park, C. S., Yoon, S. M., & Lee, T. (2010). Urodynamic findings in an awake chemical cystitis rat model observed by simultaneous registrations of intravesical and intraabdominal pressures. International neurourology journal, 14(1), 54.