The topic Acute Febrile Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome NOS (Disorder) you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Kawasaki Disease (KD).
- Kawasaki Disease is an autoimmune disease with a characteristic syndrome consisting of fever, conjunctivitis (inflammation of the conjunctiva, or membranes on the insides of the eyelids and the whites of the eyes), lymphadenopathy (swelling of lymph nodes), and “exanthema” (widespread rash)
- Less commonly, it may be associated with inflammation of the heart, gut, skin, brain, lungs, joints, and genitalia
- The signs and symptoms are due to abnormal inflammation of the blood vessels all over the body. The exact cause of blood vessel inflammation is debated
- In spite of extensive symptoms, this disorder is treatable with a majority of the individuals recovering, without any complications
- Kawasaki Disease is not contagious, which means that it cannot spread from person to person
Please find comprehensive information on Kawasaki Disease (KD) regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.