The topic Signet Ring Cell Variant of ILC of Breast you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma of Breast.
- Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer diagnosed in women. It is a type of cancer in which certain cells in the breast become abnormal, grow uncontrollably, and form a malignant mass (tumor). There are various types of breast cancers which include ductal carcinoma and lobular carcinoma
- Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma (SRCC) of Breast is a rare mucinous type of carcinoma of breast. It is observed as a soft mass in the breast, in women around the age of 40 years. Two types of Signet Ring Cell Carcinomas are observed: One is lobular carcinoma type and the other is similar to diffuse gastric carcinoma
- Numerous studies have shown that Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma of Breast can either be a variant of invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) or a variant of invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC). According to many experts, Mammary Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma is considered to be a unique subtype of breast cancer
- The signs and symptoms of Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma of Breast include the presence of a lump in the breast, swelling or skin thickening around the region of the lump, and change in breast profile
- Complications from this cancer type includes the spread of cancer from the breast to other locations and treatment side effects that may include nausea, vomiting, and hair loss
- In order to treat Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma of Breast, the healthcare provider may use a combination of therapies that may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and targeted therapy, depending on the stage of the tumor
- Specific information on prognosis of Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma of Breast is not available, due to it being a very rare condition. Some studies have shown that the prognosis may be similar to other types of breast cancer, and depends on the stage of the tumor, grade of the tumor, age of the individual, and response to treatment, among many other factors
Please find comprehensive information on Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma of Breast regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.