The topic Folliculitis Abscedens Et Suffodiens you are seeking is a synonym, or alternative name, or is closely related to the medical condition Dissecting Cellulitis of Scalp.
- Dissecting Cellulitis of Scalp (DCS) is an uncommon condition that causes inflammation of the hair follicles on the scalp. The condition is mostly observed in dark-skinned adult men
- The cause of Dissecting Cellulitis of Scalp is generally unknown, but it is known to be associated with spinal arthritis and can occur as a part of follicular occlusion syndrome
- Dissecting Cellulitis of Scalp is characterized by the appearance of boils on the scalp. Over time, the boils can rupture, bleed, and ooze pus. The skin lesions can lead to scarring and hair loss
- The condition is typically difficult to treat. The treatment measures may include the use of topical applications, oral medications, antibiotics, and cosmetic procedures, if necessary
- The prognosis of Dissecting Cellulitis of Scalp depends upon several factors including on the severity of the signs and symptoms
Please find comprehensive information on Dissecting Cellulitis of Scalp regarding definition, distribution, risk factors, causes, signs & symptoms, diagnosis, complications, treatment, prevention, prognosis, and additional useful information HERE.