Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites. We collect some information directly from you such as your contact and profile information. We also collect information about you automatically such as how you use and interact with our sites, your demographic information, and information about your computer or mobile device.
We may collect or use information about you from publicly-available websites whether or not you have an account with us. You will have the opportunity to claim, change the visibility setting
of, or remove the information. However, we cannot guarantee that we will not later collect from publicly-available websites other information that pertains to you. We may also acquire information about you from third parties to further personalize and enhance your experience.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect about you to deliver the products and services we offer, respond to you, and operate and improve our sites and applications. Our services include showing you personalized content and advertising on our site as well as on other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may use your information to contact you about site updates, conduct surveys, or to provide informational and service-related communications, including important security updates.
Information you share in public areas of our site or make visible in the profile database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world. We strive to provide a safe environment by attempting to limit access to our database to legitimate users, but we cannot guarantee that unauthorized parties will not gain access. We also cannot control how authorized users store or transfer information you give to us, so you should not post sensitive information to our site.
How We Share Information
We share your information with third parties who help us deliver our products and services to you. We may share your contact information without your consent, including supplying your information to third parties who may contact you about their products or services. You may change your contact preferences by adjusting your profile settings.
We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites. We disclose information where legally required. We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of our business units.
Access to Your Personal Information
We store your information to make your interaction with DoveMed more efficient, practical, and relevant. You may access, review, correct, update, or delete your profile any time by signing into
your account. If you do not have an account, or if you believe that someone else has provided us with your contact information, please contact us.
When you delete your personal information, we will retain logs and non-personal information about your activity on our site. We will also retain an archival copy of your non-personal information for our business's audit and record purposes, and which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet. If your personal information was previously accessed by others using our site, we are unable to delete the information from their systems.
Our sites are not intended for users under 18 years of age.
Information collected on our sites and applications is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law.
We link to other websites over which we have no control. DoveMed is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We collect information directly from you such as your contact information, profile information, or business information. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
For example, depending on the services you use, we collect:
- Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment);
- Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications with your permission;
- Your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it;
- Information about your business, such as company name, company size and business type.
Referrals: We may also collect from you personal information about others. For instance, if you choose to use our service to share site content with a friend, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. DoveMed INC temporarily stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Similarly, if you allow us to import your contacts from a personal directory or another site or application, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
Passive Collection: We also gather certain information automatically when you visit our site or use our mobile applications. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, device ID, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
Single Sign-on: If you choose to sign in to a DoveMed site or application with Facebook or similar sites and services, we import the requested information from your account and we make it part of your profile. Because DoveMed sites and applications are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. However, you can control the visibility of your information by managing your privacy settings within your account. You can also restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
When you post information on another user’s profile or comment on another user’s post, the public availability of that information will be subject to the other user's privacy settings.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
By registering with our site, managing your profile, publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information collected or imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- to add information gathered from public websites to your profile;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create an account;
- to allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from DoveMed or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles;
- to provide information regarding seminars and networking events;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to allow you to share information with your connections;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or products or services that might be of interest to you. Further, we may use information, such as how you identify yourself, to make assumptions about you. For instance, if you identify yourself as "Miss, Ms. or Mrs." we will assume you are female.
Some of our products and services, such as our social media search, and networking, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to anyone using our sites and applications.
Information you post in public areas of our sites or applications or make visible in the profile database may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. Because we cannot control access to information in public areas of our site, you should not post any personal information, such as your phone number, address or location in any public areas of our site. While DoveMed takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use,
DoveMed does not control these third parties and is not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information, personality profiles, or any other information you would not want made public, to any DoveMed site or application or to a public website.
Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to you and your specific interests online. We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads online. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties including public websites and data providers.
How We Share Information
We provide a platform to that gives individuals access to medical information. The information we gather may be shared within our companies, wherever located. We also share contact information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We share your information with third parties who help deliver our products and services to you. Examples of third parties who provide services on our behalf include those hosting our web servers, including our database for storage, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service.
1) if you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from DoveMed or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out of receiving those messages by updating your email preferences in your account profile or by using the unsubscribe mechanism included in the communications.
2) We also share aggregated information (including location data) about DoveMed site visitors and application users with third parties to serve advertisements to you online. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to other community members. If we create a co-branded site with another company, information will be retained by both companies and subject to the privacy policies of both companies which will be published on the co-branded sites.
3) We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites.
4) We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
5) We may disclose and transfer personal information to a third party who acquires any or all of DoveMed’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event DoveMed becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
Cookies and Online Advertising
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of search results.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising.
· Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site. Security cookies will remain for a variable duration of time unless you delete them. Poll response cookies will remain for 90 days, and DoveMed cookies relating to advertisements and site notices will remain for up to two years, unless you choose to delete them.
We also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are using our sites and applications. Because your web browser must request these advertisements from the other companies’ servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. DoveMed has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers.
Social Media Widgets
An Important Note About Your Profile Information
When you create a profile, we store it in our profile database in the United States. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of information that has been viewed or downloaded by others. We attempt to limit access to our profile database to legitimate users, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use by third parties who access the database. Once your information has been disclosed, DoveMed is not able to retrieve it from the third parties who accessed it.
Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your profile.
Access to Your Personal Information
We retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal information as described below. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We utilize a variety of safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. The Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
When you place an order online at DoveMed, your credit card information is encrypted with industry standard encryption.
Your data is submitted to DoveMed and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the United States. DoveMed., an Illinois Limited Corporation with its principal place of business at Number- 217 1717 W. Kirby Avenue, Champaign, IL 61821, USA, is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered on DoveMed sites and applications and is the data controller of all data we collect from you.